From ASB policy health checks through to full policy framework design and implementation, Janine Green & Associates can support your organisation with ensuring you have the right procedural infrastructure for your organisation.
SPECIALIST REGULATORY POLICY ADVICE
Effective Policy & Procedures
The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2004 made it a legal requirement for providers of social housing to have an ASB policy and procedure.
Most organisations have a policy and procedure (if you don’t, please make it a priority!) but does yours:
- Give clear guidance and support to the officers dealing with ASB, ensuring they make quick and effective decisions to resolve ASB and nuisance?
- Allow the flexibility needed to manage ASB cases that have differing needs and circumstances?
- Ensure that there is a strong foundation for your ASB service, encouraging consistency across all officers and geographical areas?
- Provide a benchmark that allows team managers to effectively monitor and support the performance of each officer?
- Provide guidance on how you deal with ASB which helps to manage the expectations of residents, external partners and elected members?
- Help you to manage service complaints, ombudsmen investigations and Community Trigger applications?
- Ensure that your legal cases are as strong and cost efficient as possible?
- Accurately reflect the latest legislation, including the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, and policy?
If you cannot answer “yes” to all of the above then your ASB policy and procedure isn’t working hard enough for you.
An effective ASB policy and procedure is the framework for a well performing service. A legal requirement for social housing providers. A good policy and procedure brings several benefits:
- Helping your officers to make consistent and confident decisions
- Managing the expectations of residents and other stakeholders
- Improving resident satisfaction levels and reducing service complaints
- Managing resources effectively
- Justifying decision making to external scrutiny, for example from The Housing Ombudsman, the courts and ASB case review panels.
We offer a range of services to ensure that an organisation has a policy and procedure that complies with legislation, regulation, including the consumer standards and best practice, helping you as an organisation to achieve all of the above benefits.
We can offer a review of existing documents, through to a full redraft depending on needs and finances.
One key aspect of our service is in assisting with drafting a good neighbourhood management policy. This was a recommendation from the housing ombudsman service and ensures that reports are triaged and assessed most appropriately, and expectations of residents are well-managed.
Last year, I was given the opportunity to commission someone to help review our ASB service. Thankfully, I was able to speak to Janine. It was clear from the beginning that Janine understood the challenges of working within an ASB team. She was able to review our policies and procedures, offer an improvement plan and a final report of other things to consider within our service, all within our timescales. Janine is professional, knowledgeable and very approachable. I cannot speak more highly of the work that Janine undertook for us”
ASB Manager, Housing Association
Need Support With A Policy Review?
Contact us today to book a consultation where we can explore your organisations needs and find the right solution for you.