A Practical Guide
To The ASB Toolkit
A practical guide to accompany the case management principles course, learners will explore how the tools work in synergy with each other, developing their skills and confidence in creating long-term, sustainable partnership action plans for resolving cases of ASB.
SIX HOURS LEARNING TIME
A Practical Guide To the ASB Toolkit
An excellent addition to the case management principles course, this session looks at the people and property tools available when dealing with ASB. The course explores the practical ways in which the tools have been used, whilst weaving in the relevant content from the legislation, statutory guidance and case law. Learners will leave with a solid and practical understanding of their own powers and those of their partners.
Specifically, learners will explore:
- The value of mediation and restorative justice
- Guidance on deciding on which course of action is appropriate to a case
- The informal tools available to tackle ASB, including warning letters, meetings, Acceptable
- Behaviour Contracts/Agreements, as well as the importance of exploring creative and pragmatic
- How to most effectively use the ASB injunction, criminal behaviour order, community protection
- notice and closure powers. Learners will be given examples of the different ways these tools
- have been used to tackle a range of problematic behaviours. They will understand the case
- management process for each, levels of evidence required and best practice for application
- of each.
- Housing related ASB tools, with a focus on the ASB discretionary and absolute ground for
- The community trigger: what it is? Why it was introduced? How to use it most effectively, for the
- benefit of residents and practitioners
- An introduction to proportionality/equality act assessments and why these are important when taking legal action in ASB related cases
Janine and her team delivered training on case management. It was received really well by both experienced and new team members. We have booked more sessions and recommend to colleagues and partners.
Need An On Demand Training Solution?
Explore the range of online programmes available for instant purchase and download…