Drafting an Effective
Civil Witness Statement
This course draws together legal requirements for drafting an effective civil witness statement, coupled with best practice to ensure the cases you issue to court are as strong as possible.
THREE HOURS LEARNING TIME
Drafting an Effective Civil Witness Statement
Being able to prepare a witness statement, which complies with civil procedure rules and clearly sets out why it is necessary and proportionate to grant the order being requested, is a key skill all officers preparing legal cases must possess. High quality witness statements will save you money and gain you the best possible outcomes. This course draws together legal requirements and best practice to ensure the cases you issue to court are as strong as possible, bringing the best chance of securing an effective order and resolving the ASB and harm being caused.
Specifically, learners will explore:
- The importance and benefits of effective statement drafting
- An introduction to the civil procedure rules
- Drafting applicant/claimant statements and residents statements: CPR requirements and best practice
- Managing exhibits – correct referencing, exhibit sheets, disclosure and redaction
- The statement of truth
- Understanding hearsay evidence – what it is, why we can use it and how to present it to ensure it gets the most weight, in line with the Civil Evidence Act considerations
Need An On Demand Training Solution?
Explore the range of online programmes available for instant purchase and download…