Practical use of the
This course is designed to share examples of the way the closure power tool can be used, bringing together law, best practice and practical guidance.
THREE HOURS LEARNING TIME
Practical use of the Closure Powers
The closure powers are seen by many practitioners to be one of the shining stars of the ASB toolkit. When used to their fullest potential, they are incredibly powerful, flexible and impactive, able to bring quick respite to suffering residents and communities. This course is designed to share examples of the way this tool can be used to best achieve these aims, bringing together law, best practice and practical guidance.
Specifically, learners will explore:
- The legal test for using the closure powers
- The types of situations these powers can apply, based on real-life case examples and including use on open spaces
- The case management process, including the best ways of gathering evidence, presenting hearsay and satisfying the consultation requirements
- Drafting the notice, including the legal requirements and the flexibility of how the notice can apply to the premises
- Serving and monitoring the notice and any subsequent order
- Working with vulnerable parties, including the community and any other exploited people
- Managing and monitoring the order, including extensions
- Longer-term solutions, including the links to the absolute ground for possession
Janine provided training on tools to tackle youth ASB, to a multi-agency group of delegates. We received very positive feedback, with delegates commending on how engaging it was and how they could incorporate lots of the suggestions into improved practice.
Need An On Demand Training Solution?
Explore the range of online programmes available for instant purchase and download…