Practical Use Of The
Community Protection Powers
This course will explore the ways in which the CPN tool has been used, layering the best practice that has been seen in the statutory guidance and case law, to ensure learners feel confident in using the tool to best effect.
THREE HOURS LEARNING TIME
Practical Use Of The Community Protection Powers
When the ASB toolkit was first introduced in 2014, it was clear that the Community Protection Notice (CPN) was the source of most intrigue. All other tools were based on previous powers that practitioners were familiar with, whereas the CPN felt different. Consequently, there were questions around application, use, levels of evidence and breach processes. Several years down the line, practitioners have started to realise the true benefits when used in a responsible and appropriate manner. This course will explore the ways in which the tool has been used, layering the best practice that has been seen in the statutory guidance and case law, to ensure learners feel confident in using the tool to best effect. Learners will have the opportunity to develop the practical skills required, including drafting their own CPN’s.
Specifically, learners will explore:
- The principles and processes of the tool
- The definition for use and types of evidence required
- Examples of use and best practice
- Recent case law and the impact on practice
- The case management process, including legal requirements and best practice
- Managing breaches
- An overview of the Criminal Behaviour Order as it relates to the CPN
- Best practice when delegating authority to housing providers
Need An On Demand Training Solution?
Explore the range of online programmes available for instant purchase and download…