Harm Centred Approaches
Risk and Vulnerability
The course will train ASB practitioners when handling complex cases, including covering how to recognise and assess vulnerability and harm. Being able to assess risk, prioritising cases, and responding to high-risk cases are critical for ASB practitioners at all levels.
THREE HOURS LEARNING TIME
Harm Centred Approaches, Risk and Vulnerability
Several tragic cases over the last decade or so have highlighted the importance of ensuring that we adopt a harm centred approach to managing cases of ASB. It is critically important that officers managing ASB are trained to identify risk and vulnerability, prioritise cases appropriately and work to mitigate the risk level.
Specifically, learners will explore:
- What is meant by a ‘harm centred approach” to ASB
- First contact indicators of risk
- Prioritisation and categorisation of ASB cases
- Actions to be considered when reports of high-risk ASB are received
- Considering risk when deciding what action to take
- The best tools available where someone is considered high-risk
- Using a victim risk assessment to best effect
- The importance of partnership working
- The benefit of the community trigger process
Need An On Demand Training Solution?
Explore the range of online programmes available for instant purchase and download…