LEVEL 2 EFFECTIVE ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR (ASB) CASE MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES COURSE
There is no eligibility criteria for this course. It acts as the perfect induction for anyone new to ASB, a comprehensive refresh for more experienced officers looking to ensure their practice remains in line with current policy and best practice, or simply someone seeking a qualification to evidence existing knowledge.
The course has been specifically designed for officers working in all areas of the United Kingdom and Ireland, allowing for the different jurisdictions and laws.
This course brings together nearly 20 years experience of working with 1000’s of ASB practitioners. It focuses on the common challenges and misunderstanding that causes cases to be delayed from progressing, harm to residents and communities prolonged unnecessarily, satisfaction to be poor and officers to be frustrated.
The overall aim of the course is to equip officers with the knowledge required to confidently and quickly make decisions in ASB cases.
Course Content will include:
- The current national and local context of ASB and why it is so important to tackle it most effectively.
- Exploring some of the ‘golden threads’ of case management, including the importance of your ASB policy and procedure, partnership working, and case file recording
- How to most effectively triage and assess an initial report, making important decisions such as whether it meets the definition of ASB, prioritisation based on risk and vulnerability, and identifying who should be the lead agency.
- How to conduct effective investigations, including interviewing the person making the report, identifying and undertaking wider investigations to find high-quality evidence and effectively interviewing the person alleged to be causing the harm.
- Creating effective action plans, managing expectations appropriately, and conducting victim risk assessments
- How to take the most appropriate action, including applying the relevant standard of proof to ensure that the right decision is made about whether there is enough evidence to prove the incident has occurred, and deciding the most proportionate type of action based on the harm being caused and the needs of all parties.
- The steps to take post-action, ensuring a period of effective monitoring, and how to most effectively close a case.
This course has been assured as a Level 2 course by Highfield, one of the UK’s top awarding bodies.
This means that Highfield has approved the course content and delivery against a strict set of criteria.
A level 2 course is judged to be around GCSE level (or equivalent).
LBL Skills are a leading training centre, delivering courses for the housing sector and beyond. The course content has been written by Janine Green ASB and Associates. LBL Skills are the accredited training centre and provide the internal verification for the course and the tutors, as well as administrating the award.
When successfully passing the course learners will receive a certificate evidencing their qualification.
To pass the course learners undertake the following:
- Attendance at an in-person training day (consisting of 6-hours of learning time)
- A multiple choice question assessment. This is undertaken in exam conditions at the end of the day. The pass mark is 60%. There is an option to re-sit if required.
The cost for booking a space on this open access course will be £199.00 (exc VAT) per learner. This includes all administrative fees, including the certificate costs.